Tuesday 6 June 2017

Chocolate teapot

I give thanks my electricity didn't fail last night despite flickering on and off for a while.

I give thanks I managed to stand up to the wind today, though it was wobbling me about for a bit... For resolving to eat more cake and buying a brownie (after my blood tests of course!) but it was such a disappointment I had to put half of it in the bin...  For finding a posh chocolate shop has set up in town over the last few and buying some of that instead!

I give thanks for being reminded the Citizens' Advice Bureau, for all their sterling work, is also a citizen's advice bureau in that they have no more information at their disposal than any citizen could find if capable of a thorough rummage through the internet. Expert advice or assistance is, of course, for citizens with money not for poor folk being misused by same. I give thanks for not giving up...for having as many bucketfuls of resilience and resourcefulness as rainwater...

I give thanks to Mr Tesco for cooking my tea tonight...if only he could have stayed for the vacuuming as well! Sometimes being wonderful just wears you out...even with the full quota of working body parts I've heard...

I give thanks, all being well, Mima is helping me escape tomorrow. Feel the need for some fun in the sun...but in the meantime, hopefully, I can have a day's worth in the wind and the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics