Tuesday 13 June 2017

Killing time

Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam as humans sure do drive me wild sometimes! I give thanks there are gun laws in this country or I could see myself running amok with one one day...

I give thanks for Rachel coming to eat tea and stick needles in me...that was a good bit...and for waking up feeling positive about at least some of the things going on/not going on in my life...before a couple of phone calls from the universe to remind me trust is a treacherous place to be...

I give thanks Plan A had been to go out and stay out between a dental appointment late this morning and someone coming to view later this afternoon to avoid the knee strain of slogging up and down the hill, or purse strain and nerve strain of cabs. One of the drivers puts 'my love' so many times in a sentence I do wonder if it's a form of Tourette's...but it's one of my hates for sure! Unfortunately the mildly exasperating first call and downright hair pulling second one left me with not quite enough time to do all I needed to do before I left but I give thanks for doing the best I could, leaving the flat spruce even if with only half my lunch and no towel...

I give thanks for my new dentist being much nicer than his surly predecessor and his generic appellation (sounds like a folk dance but you know what I mean) being 'mate'! For some soothing banter with the takeaway tea people, and the soft sea sounds giving me a kind of internal Indian head massage.

I give thanks for the sunshine, for three swans flying like a Chinese painting of cranes. For the supine seal on the sandbank soaking up the rays. For walking further than I thought I could (should?) to find a little space and also to keep an eye on the kite surfer fast becoming a spec on the horizon in case the coastguard was required. He wasn't...he was just a very good kite surfer!

I give thanks for the two guys who turned up at the bus stop and helped me turn a conversation round with a woman who really wanted me to join in moaning about cancer, especially terminal cancer...or if I really couldn't manage that maybe dementia, the pointlessness of faith or perhaps how terrible the summer traffic was. I'm sorry I was so frustrating for her to talkn to but I was so grateful for their distraction.

I give thanks for refusing to check my internet for any more sweet little lies while I was out...so it was when I got home I found the email cancelling the viewing instead! I give thanks for carrying on believing the man who said he'd call today and that everything would be OK with my phone line woes had been the one telling the truth... not the lady who phoned this morning and said he hadn't...until he didn't. I now have to wait and see if she calls me back to confirm everyone else has been lying for the last six weeks, including the people who wrote the booklet I have beside me, and if I have, as it seems, been expensively and extensively duped by those providing a so called social tarriff.

Then if no one minds I'm not going to talk to anyone else but have a little cry in the bath because I'm completely out of awesome for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics