Saturday 1 December 2012

Can do

Thank you for the day...

when the hot water bottle is still warm enough in the morning to give some comfort to my chilly bits

when I remember what a comfort and joy it can be to be alone

when there's a pre-Christmas delivery slot left at Tesco's

when a majestic and graceful UK Border agency craft slips into port here and I happen to look out of my window at just the right moment to view it pass through the slice of shipping lane I can see

when I spend a contented afternoon knitting a 'can-can' scarf whilst listening to lectures by biologist philospher Rupert Sheldrake on his theories and research and eating Maya Gold chocolate...chaos, creativity and cosmic consciousness all together now!

4 comments:

  1. ahhhh!! wonderful : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been singing a Kirsty MacColl song all day since I saw your first post of 'Thank you for the day' i'm still humming it in my head now!! really need to hear another song to side track me.

    Oh and thats who Rupert Sheldrake is? of course I could have googled it........but was side tracked, Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woke up with just those words in my head, then remembered the song but couldn't remember past the first line's lyrics...Hope you've thought of another one now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about 'Pretty Woman' never think of Roy Orbison though when I hear the song; it's always Richard Gere, and now my day has been made complete by a re-run of the film, Mmmm tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics