Tuesday 25 December 2012

Presence

I'm giving thanks for lots of things today...I hope you are too!

Having Bob here, of course covers many of those gratitudes including having a breakfast cooked for me and tea and cake brought to me after our walk. And as Laura made the Christmas cake for me...very flavoursome and prettily decorated...thanks to her too!

The walk was to see the landslip that stopped the trains...a huge distance for me but rewardingly impressive when we got there. Thanks to the weather for being so mild and mostly sunny and inviting, and the tide being just right ie. coming in in curvy wall waves and spraying against and even over the walkway in an exhilarating but not dangerous way...

And presents? You want to know about presents? I'm grateful to all my friends who thought to give me gifts and for the gifts they gave, and to those to who were happy to receive them from me of course, but special mention to Bob for getting me something on my wish list that I'd completely forgotten was there. Seriously, I really didn't know what I was getting til I unwrapped it and then I was 'Oh, wow...It's those!' Also a book I requested for crafty inspiring kind of perfectly matching an unrequested book of Lego inspiring I bought for Bob so that we spent a happy few minutes just looking at those and going 'Oh wow...that's a good idea...look at that!' etc.

1 comment:

  1. I think We have two ways. We can be grateful and see what we have. Or want things, which we haven't.
    Calmness or fear. Reality or illusion.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics