Tuesday 11 December 2012

Roughly right

Today I give thanks to myself for negotiating a long journey from damage limitation to opportunity central so well. During the bumpy ride I saw some amusing and uplifting cards in Oxfam when looking for one for a friend's birthday today, and this is ME so I bought it for me!

Also for...the clear skies and stunning stars on Sunday night. Enjoyed them, keep remembering them and keep forgetting to say... And the glory of going out this morning in the crisp cold air, frost in the shadows, sun on my face and the sea ice blue haze with sparkles as the mist rose off it. Caught my breath with the beauty of it, brought tears to my eyes and a skip to my step...

Lush Reincarnate henna shampoo...ooh, lovely smells of...hmm, well, henna actually...and I'm a bit of a ginger again for Christmas!

Getting the going-in-the-post cards written. My hand was pleased it didn't have to hold the pen for long and if anyone gets a card and thinks 'who on earth is that?' it may be from me! I'm grateful I remembered to take them out with me...it would have been even better if I'd remembered to go to the PO but hey ho I forgot to take the rubbish out as well so there was a double reason for a trip down the stairs again.

For being ho ho ho home again and ready for tasty freezer fare to heat up and the sofa cushions to give me a hug...Remembering a big snuggly hand knitted sweater in the back of my bottom drawer. Mmm...warm...

For the cheery folk at the medical supplies company I'm currently dealing with. I'm talking to them a lot lately as there've been a few problems to solve...would prefer not to have the problems but getting to talk to cheery people is always a bonus!

And finally for John Suchet saying of reporting on the troubles in Ireland  'if you've upset both sides so you know you've got it roughly right'...Yep, I can relate to that!

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh i remember henna,havent done that for years ,can remember a faint whiff of camels ????oh i must remember to put my hair photo on ,we were walking through the woods n someone found a bundle of red twigs n said"woo looks like your hair " bloomin cheek : )

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics