Saturday 8 December 2012

Faith moves

My Saturday superstore of thankfulness includes...

Fire ants making a raft of themselves to cross water, and the miraculous properties of Gotchscuarded sand. Yep, been watching QIXL again!

Sleep...restorative, soul releasing sleep!

Not sleep...if pain or noise or some other discomfort seems to be keeping you from it, you can often let it go and simply rest in 'not sleep'. I'm grateful I know how!

The smell of toast, the taste of toast and butter!

A really well thought out 'corporate card' from the medical supply company...A photo of all the staff lined up holding balloons spelling the message with a key on the back so you can see who you've been talking to. And the inside printed with signed greetings from some of them like in an 'office' card for birthdays. It's also very l-o-n-g so ideal for those of us who don't have many to put on our mantelpieces!

The Human Writes charity for ensuring every prisoner on death row gets a card as well as their penfriends.

New to me books from Amazon...

And finally a plea...
This time of year as mid winter approaches I long to be out in the deepest countryside, away from concrete and tarmac and the tinsel trail. A hill would be good, a mountain would be marvellous...The yearning is thankfully less intense now I mostly only glimpse the seasonal stresses and celebrations virtually, and can look out at bare trees and sea even when going out. But it doesn't go away and I'm not sure if I'm grateful I can remember what I'm missing or not! Would anyone who feels moved to do so like to join me in creating the wish for mountains to come to me? Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. my best places are yorkshire moors/dales n durham love the silence ,you can hear the slightest breeze n then birds and once a big black jet flying /swooping so low you have to duck ,i,m so grateful i found my real name,so then visited some of the places ancestors lived,and yes am wishing you mountains !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment the deepest countryside is looking bleak, leafless, dull green, sticky, freezing, muddy and wet!! and the sun is now behind the mountain until february - but it brings a great excuse to stay in and create in the warm! - um I think its called hibernation xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics