Monday 17 December 2012

Ask and it shall be

When I was young I remember my mother used to say 'Repent, the end of the world is nigh!' when the weather was especially bad, so the last couple of weeks has made one wonder eh? I give thanks for all the changing drama of the skies, and sea, and living somewhere where I can see so much.

I give thanks for a lovely lunchtime nap as I woke up much too early today, and am not as lively as I have been the last couple of days... Loving all that I got done while the bustliness was about...

I give thanks for the cheery delivery driver bringing me some more of my necessaries...he has to come an awful lot because the company keep sending the wrong stuff or maybe just not sending it at all and it has to be chased or replaced. Very frustrating as, although there may be options, it's none of it especially optional...it really is necessary! But I understand that working in office where these are just items on a pc screen is very different from actually using them and they don't realise what inconvenience a careless click can cause. When the last few weeks of failed requests finally get corrected I shall be starting again with a new plan involving more input from me in the initial stages of the process and then perhaps less time sorting out failures...and less wasting the NHS resources too, as none of it can be sent back for someone who does want it to use! Maybe our lovely local pharmacy can be persuaded to come back on board on a regular basis, that would be perfick as they say. In the meantime, charities abroad will be grateful though, and their ostomate clients...and I give hearty thanks I live somewhere where any kit is available...let alone getting to choose the sort that suits you best!

Now the business of the day is out of the way I'm grateful I have something both festive and sociable to prepare for this evening...and that I've worked out something to wear that should be fairly warm and weatherproof in transit, snug and comfy enough for someone with my various 'special needs' and who feels the cold so badly but (in my eyes anyhow) a little more smart than a pair of tracky bottoms and a thermal vest. Yes, I know: leaving off tracky bottoms and thermal vests after darkness falls...well scary!

I've just been re reading the ASK Christmas menu...mmm, yep VERY grateful to Peter, Jared and Tara for indulging me on this! As I can go all year partaking of nothing more intoxicating than a rum and raisin toffee, I've been practising drinking alcohol so the first sip of fizzy wine doesn't send me straight to sleep and I can manage the second! I'm up to a 500ml bottle of Crabbies spread out over three days now...decadent or what? This experiment has coincided with the recent energy boost so clearly my kidney doesn't mind that much...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics