Monday 31 December 2012

Bedazzling

Much gratitude to Laura and four generations of her family for making me so welcome for their delayed Christmas dinner! I was invited to a couple at a classmate's house when I was in care, and one or two others by boyfriend's mums so I kind of know the score... the quantity of food and drink and gifts sometimes takes me aback but the brightness of reciprocated love and appreciation all round can dazzle and hurt my eyes a bit (I think Ann might know what I mean here). Being a kind of human leftover myself I can't fully grasp what I'm missing, but my goodness me it looks good! Great thanks to Chumba the tawny four legged angel for making there was some affection just for me... Dogs and often get me in a way that humans don't, and it's very comforting...I might say the reverse is also true!

More gratitude for a lift home before I got too tired, and more comfort in going straight to bed with a hot water bottle and paracetamol. I'm grateful my neighbour was so quiet when she came in and even her cat settled down quite quickly. I give thanks I've nearly got the deckies down, hopefully to finish before too long... I like to start a 'New Year' without too much that served its purpose in the old 'hanging around'. I give thanks in anticipation for all the fireworks I shall see on TV and laptop screens as the world turns gradually into what we may perceive as a new beginning. Sidney's are gaspingly gorgeous as usual...

I give thanks for a warm cherry stone pillow snuggling round my renal region and that, although I appear to be in much the same position as I was this time twelve months ago, I have actually inwardly travelled far. Well, I'm on some new knitting anyhow!




Warm thoughts to you all, on your various journeys...may you be and see you're inwardly as dazzlingly gaspingly gorgeous as me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics