Tuesday 1 January 2013

Date and wallflower

There was a possibility something totally amazingly brilliant would occur in my world on New Year's Eve... I'm loath to tell you what in case you think it's silly or sad, but to me it would have been better than any party...I nearly had a dog come to stay!  However it wasn't to be. Oh well, another lesson in non-expectation/attachment...They're always needed, aren't they...and an ideal time really with hopes and resolutions high on many agendas. I enjoyed the idea of it greatly and spent the evening doing a jigsaw sky and a lot of metta...wishing health, happiness and contentment on everyone I could think of. And I do mean everyone I could think of, whether I know/have known them personally or not...it went on for hours!

I'm grateful I stayed up to toast the chimes with Horlicks as lots of colourful fireworks went off nearby! And for this bright and breezy day, ideal for anyone planning to walk off any excess...in my mind I was up on a hill looking at the patterns the shadows of the clouds made as they move across the countryside. I was wearing sheepskin mittens and with a lovely man and a lovely dog (both of whom thought I was lovely too of course!) and there was something savoury and nutritious slow cooking in the Aga for when we got home. I'm grateful for my imagination...and my dressing gown and solitary boiled egg! I am very blessed to know how blessed I am and to realise how many of the apparently non-blessings in my life have helped me grow. Failing to meet the criteria for conditional love have made me much better at the unconditional sort for instance...

I'm grateful for a couple of New Year greetings and finding some programmes I forgot to record earlier in the week on the Sky BBC catch up thingy. Gratitude also for my three calendars and two diaries. What do you reckon...split them between all the different kinds of medical appointments I have?

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Gabi ,oh i have all these kittens in garden ,but they have scared Robin away n doves ??so i gain one way but lose my friend birds : ), i thanked Lisa Scott for her journey this year in photos and i thank you for your journey in words you have both helped enormously ,gave me such entertainment you are both brilliant !!i give u both new year awards !!!better health for you too !! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your appreciation Ann...much appreciated! Lots of boring spammers clogging up my blog at the moment...always good to see a real reader commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics