Friday 11 January 2013

Leave only footprints

Someone I've known for years 'unfriended' me on Facebook the other day. We'd not been as close as we used to be...in fact, when I tried to remember the last time we met I could only remember the last time we didn't ie. she stood me up! So yes, even though I struggle with social signals I guess I can see there were some signs of cooling off and I'm sure the standard response would be...well, who needs friends like that? But, to be honest, I don't consider myself to be in a position to be that picky! Not just because my world doesn't overflow with love and friendship, but because increasingly I'm of the opinion we spend far too much time, not only judging others and finding them wanting, but withdrawing what affection we have as a result. I know I have a few personality traits and views that maybe aren't everyone's favourite, but (while we're being honest) so does she...so do we all! Maybe we don't want to talk to everyone, even virtually, every day but seriously - a few on line exchanges now and then, birthday greetings and so on...isn't it part of what makes the world go round? Hmm...I don't seem to have found a gratitude yet in this, do I? I'm sure I will in time...bear with me...*

In the meantime...I'm thankful yesterday not too much of a chore. Didn't get very wet, didn't have to wait around too much...Rachel made me a mug of tea after my treatment, bless her, and I had time to get a few bargains in Thorntons and Lush before my appointment. In fact almost enough bargains in Thorntons and Lush to make up my five gratitudes by themselves!

Today someone from Volunteering in Health called to talk about putting my crafting skills to more use for them and I was grateful for that rare and valuable experience of feeling valuable...and then I spent a happy hour or so almost persuading myself to book a rather expensive holiday before common sense regarding capabilities v logistics kicked in. It's not the price...it's whether I'd be able to get my money's worth out of it. Oh well...we live and yearn, eh?

Leave only footprints - as many as you like...but not actually on me OK!


* Yup. I got it, I think...one less person who doesn't appreciate me means all the more room in my life for those who do!

1 comment:

Web Statistics