Thursday 3 January 2013

The life of I

There was a long gap between my appointments today and, having not been out much the last few days, nor indeed out much on my own for a couple of weeks, I hoped to go on bit of a journey of discovery. I don't like my interactions with the outside world to be about finding out that people don't like traffic/prices/weather/waiting/each other too much but do like thinking everything they don't like is someone else's fault. I know all that, don't want to dwell on that or tell you that...  I like to see what I can find that feels good to me and share it.

I enjoyed looking at the Christmas decorations in some of the house windows in town and remembered I forgot to say there was a tanker in port with a little Christmas tree lashed to the top of its mast last week... Loved that!

I went to a second hand book shop with no particular plan in mind and found the autobiography of an ex Jain monk I've seen on a TV programme, and who had fascinated and inspired me. An autographed copy no less! And then found a quiet cafe serving lentil soup with a warm cheese scone which tempted my jaded appetite... And then finally I had my lovely long awaited acupuncture after which I felt different but still dozy, and headed home for a much needed nap...

I've written the above after reading that 'research has suggested people who are spiritual but not religious have more mental health problems' Well, research can suggest all kinds of things...but small ones are definitely more juicy! I'm grateful I found some pleasures in my day and I'm now drifting back into dreamland I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics