Wednesday 2 January 2013

Class acts


Another quiet and mostly horizontal day here...I give thanks I don't have much to do on days when I feel like I can't!

Things that have made this time more enjoyable include...hot water bottles and warm cherry stone pillows... a jig saw to do...

Beautiful classic cars, clothes and so on in The Girl (about the relationship between Alfred Hitchcock and Tippi Hedren). Dark but compelling themes and such excellent acting you forgot you were not watching the characters portrayed. Also wonderful scenery...I followed it up with a documentary wondering why Derek Bird ran amok with shotguns and rifle in the Lake District. More darkness and beautiful countryside. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but went down well for me with rooibosch and knitting...

Finding the appetite and inclination to make something to eat ...and some food still in a fit state to be eaten! 

The quality of the light as this afternoon turned into evening - the sun clearly higher over the horizon now...and damnyouautocorrect.com for lightening my own darkness when awake in the night.

Seeing footage of polar bears playing with sled dogs and coming back each year to renew their friendship. I think I love this one best of all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics