Monday 21 January 2013

Foods for thoughts

Last night I gave thanks for a pan of homemade soup for my supper...tired root vegetables given another lease of life with roasting, garlic, ginger, spices and stock. Thank you to me for not opening a can!

This morning I was grateful for a patch of ice cream on the ice blue of the sea that announced a breaking up of cloud and there have been some little spots of sun throughout the day... the glum cold grey of yesterday is my least favourite weather so a very welcome change...

This lunchtime I gave thanks for the wonder that is ready made ready rolled puff pastry. Tesco's Finest is all butter and comes on greaseproof paper so you just cut a bit off and add some cheese, tomatoes, pesto, chutney...whatever you have to hand. Much yumminess for minimal effort! I'm grateful I had the energy and motivation to go to the effort, minimal or not, and lots of bits and bobs in the fridge needing eating up...thus clearing the fridge for the next delivery and, still full, not leaping on the chocolate biscuits when they arrived!

As afternoon turned to evening today, I gave thanks for the long fingers of lemony light before the clouds turned peachy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics