Friday 18 January 2013

Looking up

I'm grateful for a mostly somnolent day. There was nothing much I wanted to do...what better day not to do it?

I'm grateful for my cosy bed. I'm grateful we escaped snow chaos here, though a glimpse of some falling wouldn't have come amiss for those of us who still know how to access childlike glee. Every time I noticed the sound of rain on the window panes had ceased I'd reach for my glasses, sit up and look up hopefully for the specks of darker grey against the gloomy sky. Never mind...I give thanks for the awesomeness of the sea, looking magnificent, sounding a mighty roar...

I give thanks that my Sky dish stayed on the wall outside despite the wind that caused the mighty roar to rattle it about a bit, so that, when finally I had risen and dressed and done the washing up and tidying up and so on, I could watch some of the Australian Open tennis. I do appreciate it if, when I'm not feeling mobile or connected much to the world, there's some event somewhere I can join in with by being part of a TV audience. Much thanks to the modern technology that keeps me from totally imploding!

Oh, and that sometimes I manage to type a whole sentence hitting the right keys every time...as long as it's a short one! Hasn't happened yet today (hardly a word typed correctly first time today!) but I do feel sometimes it's important to appreciate possibilities even if actualities are rather lacking in delight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics