Wednesday 9 January 2013

Needles and pines

I give thanks for the sound of the birds singing and the rain on the leaves as evening fell yesterday...and having my window open and a snuggly throw to appreciate it better! Today they've been twittering away in the trees outside. I wonder if they are saying the avian equivalent of  'Nice day...and about time too!' and 'I hear it's going to get colder. Honestly - the weather! Somehow I don't think so...

For her upstairs having a rough night when I was having one too so I didn't care about the noise...

For Volunteering in Health managing to come up with a driver for the 'home run' tomorrow evening at short notice. I just don't feel up to an hour's journey on public transport with all the extra bits of walking you have to do, in the dark and rain and cold...maybe if I hadn't had a better offer that was then withdrawn I might have felt more resilient. I might seem tough but I do have a wimp mode just like everyone else...

For finally summoning up a bit of an appetite today. Don't know where it's been sneaking off to lately...maybe one of you has it?

For a Sky David Attenborough thing about how the different ages of the various Galapagos Islands all have a role to play in supporting the diverse flora and fauna. Even when they are not islands any more but buried under the sea...I felt there was some metaphor for human life there too...

Here's a picture of the tree pile I was talking about. It's the blurriest - but it does show the most trees. All that glee and anticipation when they arrived and now they're just waiting to be chopped up. Hmm more metaphors coming on. I suspect I'm not in the best frame of mind to be writing a gratitude blog today!



2 comments:

  1. I feel like I have your appetite and everyones elses too at the minute! Your quite welcome to share it I'm not greedy, that sounds like a bit of a contradiction doesn't it? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating my late dinner in front of the TV, caught tail end of something about all the Christmas trees being dug in in rows to replace the now almost non existant Marram Grass on the dunes somewhere. Apparently they do it every year to stop the sand being washed somewhere else; sounds good to me if it helps the environment.
    Don't know about you Lynn I cannot stop picking, good job there are no biscuits or cake in the house, but peanut butter and pineapple jam are taking a hammering, have to stop myself adding Banana and making a right doorstep!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics