Wednesday 30 January 2013

Going with the grain

Thank you to Ann for sharing her own gratitudes. I LOVE it when people do that!

I loved it on Undateables too when the autistic chap who had VERY strong opinions, especially on music that wasn't thrash metal, took a extended pause after his first date ever said they liked Peter Andre. The nation waited (and the anxious girl!) while he mulled over all the advice that he'd received about accepting difference. Finally he responded 'Peter Andre's OK.' and we all heaved a sigh of relief!

Rediscovering quinoa. I had some last night as part of a curious cupboard raid meal reminiscent of Ready Steady Cook menus...but anything that has garlic breaded mushrooms in it is fine by me!

Lavender to ease the pain of cooking burns

Almost unearthly lemon light as dawn broke through a rain storm this morning...and the blue washed sky beyond...

A very bright and very breezy day, and having pretty much finished the piece I was writing (not for here just now) I loved getting my eyes off the laptop screen and into the great outdoors. Even if you don't get very far it's still GREAT! And the great thing about being a bit feeble is you feel as if you've been out for hours and walked for miles even when you haven't!


Never mind camera 'shake'...I was fighting camera fly away in the wind today! I give thanks I managed to hang on to it and my yummy take away snacks. I used to live near somewhere in Shropshire that had at the time more pubs per capita than anywhere else in England. Not sure if it still holds that dubious title but I reckon we're in the running for the numbers of cafes here. One of them has work by a brilliant local photographer but I didn't let that put me off! I admired a large print of churning sea foam out beyond Sprey Point while they made my hot chocolate...Debbie Harry was singing The Tide is High on the radio. I liked the sense of sense in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics