Wednesday 23 January 2013

Icing on the cake

Right, so let's see...

Housework: check
Cooking: check
Emails and phone calls: check
Tennis watching: check
Afternoon nap: check

What else am I supposed to do? Oh yes, write my blog! What has made my life a little more likable the last twenty four hours or so?

*A burgundy red, snow white inside sweet tasting Gala apple. Actually I have a bag of them and they're organic too!  
*New Asda thermals...I've had them before and they get top marks for their comfort/cost/style ratio
*Got to Dance. Has there ever been a contest where the judges are so humble and honest and funny and fun? I'd (almost) be happy to pay my Sky subscription for that and Girls alone...
*The tanginess of that lemon drizzle cake...I'm really disappointed when 'lemon' is light on the lemons and too heavy with the sugar
*Great tennis match between Federer and Tsonga and great quote from the commentator about the difference in volume from the two factions in the crowd: 'Federer fans just tend to drool which isn't very noisy!'
*Oh, and that it snowed and settled a little here where it's usually so meltingly mild!  You might think it's sad and immature for someone who is fifty five next not-so-very-far-away birthday to be so enthusiastic about some crystalline water ice.  I know it's a nuisance in many ways, OK? But anyone who's let their sense of wonder and delight wither at any chronological age is (literally and metaphorically) far sadder!






1 comment:

  1. love red apples n still shine them up on my cardi ,but reading bout the flies on the washing might have to choose what i shine them up with?? so glad you got some snow i love all the changes in the weather its magic : )

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics