Friday 4 January 2013

This and that

Today I give thanks for the wonder that is my blog. It doesn't matter to me whether you regard it as a wonder or not, but recently I've found myself marvelling at the blessing that is this opportunity to contemplate things I appreciate on such a regular basis... and that I so regularly take that opportunity too!

Sometimes I'm experiencing a lot of delight and it can seem counterproductive to stop and write it down, and sometimes I am not and it's a struggle to think of positivity to share...or then again my body or mind might arguing a lot about the effort or value of sharing it...but I know none of this matters either! It really is a case of the intention being the thing...

I'm increasingly aware that we mostly only hear what we want or expect to hear, or to put it another way, we choose what it means...and then respond accordingly. Then that response is also open to a variety of translations according to the receiver's point of view at the time. So whatever I write, you will read as you will. I think this awareness of the multiplicity of meaning naturally increases with age as we experience more usages, nuances and connotations but modern media also bombards us with words and images that can be, and are, interpreted in many different ways and thus younger people have more opportunities to comprehend the mystery of communication earlier in life. If they are that way inclined of course!

Apologies to anyone I've lost on the way of my ramblings today...I appreciate your patience and tolerance...I also give thanks for Spellcheckers for making the individual words more likely to make sense even if in combination they are just as obtuse....And to Tesco for making sure I don't go hungry again. How would I manage without them? For this photo I forgot from Christmas Eve of a raindropped solitary rose...



And finally I thought any persistent weather moaners might be interested in this...some hard data to back up my own constant bleating that it does depend on your point of view!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20900662

1 comment:

  1. love the Rose!! love the changing seasons ,clouds waves boats n planes u are near the ships n me the aircraft !

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics