Sunday 20 January 2013

Let there be...

What a grey old day today eh?

I gave thanks for the unexpected ten pound note I found in bottom of my bag...it seemed to have fallen out of a packet of tissues! Random...

...for Bob talking about forgetting to drink alcohol. We are the only people I've ever known do this.There seem to be those who don't at all and, sadly, those who forget to stop...but we both rather enjoy a tipple or two, now and then but we'll think of it now and then forget to drink any when a suitable time comes around even though we usually have it around. Maybe that's why we usually have it around...

...for meeting my neighbour on the stairs yesterday when I came home from town...she was carrying her cat down in its carrying box so I knew I'd have a quiet evening ahead!

...remembering these gratitudes from the last couple of days I also remember someone passing on some wisdom they'd heard about how we hang on to our thoughts of slights and losses and grievances rather than the happier memories of joy and I said well I hang on to both! Half way to contentment then!

I give thanks for Clive's very successful and thorough session of do-it-for-me today and particularly for fitting my lovely new bathroom light. I love my new bathroom light and give great thanks for finally realising I could get a new one instead of years of putting up with the first one that refused to fit! Gratitude too to Rachel for taking in the delivery on my behalf and bringing it to acupuncture last week and lending me a bag to carry it in. 

Thanks too for a visit from Laura and much laughter and commiseration between us all about the various challenges of life. And for this...it's not funny or pretty, but interesting to anyone who enjoys a forensic mystery or two. Also poignant and moving, not least for the line 'I have a wonderful husband and a fuzzy dog at home to keep me sane'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21029783

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics