Sunday 9 December 2012

Hug is all you need

Yesterday I was pleased and so proud of myself getting the laundry and ironing done and the sheets changed on my bed...these tasks require grip function as well as stamina and, being short on both, took two days to complete.  My delight was somewhat marred by a mid-night technical malfunction just a few hours later but hey ho back to the wash board eh? I didn't feel quite so philosophical in the night, damp and shivering and losing my grip in other ways. I tried reminding myself how lucky I am not to have someone warm and loving to share my bed...and be disturbed by these occasional night time dramas...but my heart wasn't in it somehow. Sometimes hug is all you need!

I was on better form this morning. I chuckled when I spilt the pancake batter, and was particularly chuffed a) there was some left in the jug and b) what wasn't in the jug was on the wipe clean work surface. I revised my angst of the night to gratitude for the modernities such as ostomy equipment that works most of the time, waterproof sheets that don't double as saunas, washing machines, Febreze...oh, and the wherewithal to buy an extra set of spares, I think it would be less of a trauma if I had a drawer full of clean dry things always waiting so a trip to ebay is on the agenda for later today. I also considered what it would be like sharing the bed with someone NOT warm and loving. We leaky people have enough trouble negotiating the association between incontinence and incompetence to maintain our sense of self esteem, and better to deal with it alone than with someone accusatory, selfish or unkind. See, my life is a bed of thornless roses looked at that this way!

This afternoon I've been making cards again. Heavens it's a struggle...but this did mean that for once I was rather grateful I haven't many friends...

I give thanks for the fleet of little pink space ships after the sun went down yesterday and the rich blue evening sky. What do you mean they weren't little pink space ships?  

1 comment:

Web Statistics