Saturday 29 December 2012

The nature of reality

My first gratitude today was for a much needed lie in after the scuba lessons in the night...in my dreams! It was a compulsory work training course and I was a bit worried about how my 'company dog' (a golden cocker spaniel), my disabilities and my DLA would fare while I was on it. Apparently I worked for a telecommunications multinational - no accounting for the workings of the subconscious, eh? 

After that dream there was one where everyone seemed to be cross or disappointed with me and various unpleasant things happened, so in a way I was rather grateful when people next door turned their music on far too loud eventually I was forced upright to get some peace. My tinnitus is bad and my kidney is hurting (did you know the latter causes the former according to Traditional Chinese Medicine?) so I've been grateful for a comfy-ish comforting day knitting and catching up with things recorded on TV recently, including some authentically Nordic Stieg Larsson films. I try to avoid racism or categorisation but it is a mystery as to why other nations think they can do this stuff as well or better! I've been grateful for the leftovers too, and being left to eat them by myself... For pretty skies and profiteroles and processing the perennial laundry and washing up...

I've spent more time than ever alone this year and have truly appreciated the opportunities for contemplation this brings...a recurring theme being the nature of truth and reality. How intensely we become caught up in creating and maintaining our own, and how rarely we comprehend the versions others have, including their versions of us! For example, I know someone who sees themselves as brave when others perceive them as timid, another who thinks they are a free spirit but who comes across as mentally constrained. I'm often perplexed by the person I seem to be to other people, it's not the person I seem to be to me at all...but then the people who perceive me thus are not who I think they are either... Walk a mile in someone else's shoes? Can you even imagine having someone else's feet?

Talking of what is not always easy to see...have you seen these? Excellent! http://uk.news.yahoo.com/photos/can-you-see-what-it-is-yet-amazing-camouflaged-animals-slideshow/a-great-gray-owl-positions-itself-in-front-of-a-similar-pattern-to-take-advantage-of-his-camouflage-photo--598066303.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics