Friday 21 December 2012

That thing I do

I'm grateful to everyone at Gillian's last night for making me feel so welcome and particularly to Laura's daughter Jo for being keen to leave as early as me so that I didn't feel a complete party pooper! Heavens, I'm grateful for going to a party too...for lovely things to eat and drink and cheery and helpful cab drivers to transport me.

I'm grateful the world didn't end or shift on its axis today and that I was here to see that it didn't...I remember when I first heard that it might and I thought...that long? You guys have that long...what on earth are you complaining about? But hey, I was too, so what am I complaining about?

I'm most especially grateful for getting out into a wildly little wood to see the midwinterliness just as I had wished to do. For a mild still day the better to appreciate it, to Peter for facilitating it and for having the foresight to take a flask of tea to drink at a picnic bench we happened upon with a stunning view.  Ooh, and some more of that thing I make with aubergines, red lentils and smoked cheese...that I still haven't thought of a name for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics