Wednesday 19 December 2012

Elemental

I'm grateful for books: for being able to have them and being able to read them...and sometimes for what's in them too!

I'm grateful for baths: for being able to have them (including the blessings of water, water heater, electricity and power to muscles to clamber in and out)...and for having one to have!

I'm grateful for my virtual friends. Sometimes this time of year I sigh for all the 'real' ones lost or loosening their connection. I aim to feel the love in/for everyone...even when I don't necessarily understand them or like what they say or do...or when they don't feel it themselves, especially towards me! I know this can be done remotely, but I embrace closeness too. It's so easy to judge others and decide they are not good enough in some way...but how does this make us good?

I'm grateful to Lynn for possibly the most beautiful card I have ever had bought for me...and that I now have nearly enough cards from people who know me to fill the shelf opposite the sofa...though I'm still grateful for the company ones to fill the gaps you understand!

I'm grateful I have to go out today because otherwise I wouldn't...I know I'll appreciate being out in the elements experiencing them first hand, well afterwards at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics