Wednesday 12 December 2012

Supernumerary


Happy waking up warm two mornings in a row
Happy slice of sunrise above the sea...ditto
Happy freezer, with happy hot cross bun inside it
Happy cooker to cook it, and scrap of foil to wrap around and keep it from burning or going dry
Happy date. I know dates are arbitrary but I still get the same delight in repetitive or palindromic ones I first did on 6/6/66 (eight years old and rather disappointed to work out I'd be 'quite old' when the next one when the numbers that matched came along!)


Writing that I just twigged that it's double the first one that I saw and
Writing that in Swype I twigged what a feeble dictionary it has...'palindromic' and 'twigged' are in common usage, aren't they surely? (She says sounding like Leslie Neilson in Airplane...) What? Oh, well never mind, I never aspired to common!

Unless we live to be very old, or they change the way this calendar works, we won't get another day/month/year one for a while so it'd please me if I could hit 'publish' nearish to twelve minutes past twelve (nearish is AT LEAST as much of a word as Swype, Swype!). That would be five twelves in a row and five twelves is thought rather highly of by some. I was in Thailand when the king celebrated his sixtieth birthday and as this meant he had passed through each of their possible years (twelve animals, five elements) there were celebrations indeed with massive processions through the land. I wasn't invited specially you understand, but I was invited to watch some of them on the TV of a policeman there... nothing to do with a crime but because he was a friend of a friend who had given us a letter to take and say hello. 

Actually I suspect that a lot of internet users might have the same idea and the systems may jam...like when you try to send a Happy New Year text at one second past midnight. I once saw the new year in with someone who worked at a major mobile network and up until midnight she was telling us about the new process they had in place to stop this happening. It happened. The second sentence she spoke on that particular 1st of January was 'this shouldn't be happening!'...

Writing the above two paragraphs has made me feel I have had a life less ordinary and I like that. All of us have of course, but some of us like the feeling more than others. Is that ordinary or extraordinary, I wonder?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics