Friday 14 December 2012

Give a gr an inch

My 'weekend starts here' feelings a little premature, it seems. Quiet a sting in the tail of this one, that will be smarting for a few days yet. Oh well, give me a challenge to think of things to be grateful for...can't have you lot thinking I have a charmed life and and it's easy for me to look on the bright side because nothing dark ever happens in my world, eh?

It's particularly good when you are glum to practice NOT adding 'woe is me' clauses to any slightly positive thoughts you may have, or sentences you might speak...because the negative elves will grab those and grow them into a grotto of grot before you know it! It so easily starts with just a 'but...' or an 'if only' or 'I should think so too after...'

OK, first gratitude then is for knowing what I mean even if no one else does! Yup, feel better already!

Second for getting a few deckies up.

Third for Dr Chowdrey ringing before I started cooking an already very late brunch and being both sympathetic and helpful.

Fourth for yummy pancakes with lemon and sugar for that brunch...

Fifth, for realising after writing the above and not even allowing myself to think the things that I could have added that weren't so cheery and upbeat I actually do feel better. Bit of physical energy, but of mental get up and go...PLUS, the sky outside has cleared and there's some more light to do some stuff now I'm up and runnign again... which is always a bonus this time of year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics