Wednesday 5 December 2012

Lighten up

I really should remember to take my camera to bed with me this time of year, we have some lovely sunrises...You have to time the looking right though or you can be completely dazzled - it seems to be as low over the horizon as the top of this terrace is high. I had my bed facing the window when I first moved in, thinking sipping morning tea whilst watching the spectacle would be a delight, but it was too bright to open my eyes! I give thanks for the renewing glory of nature, and the memory of my optimism and strength when I first came to live here. 

Even if there's not a colourful sky first thing, there's the wonderful golden light. I only discovered the other day that the first hour after sunrise and before sunset are called the 'golden' or even 'magic' hours. I give thanks for them twice a day sometimes! Hear it is again lighting up that tree outside (in fuzzy felt phone mode...pretend you've had a drink!). People occasionally say it's a pity it's there as I'd see more sea if not...but I'm happy with my tree in all its moods and costume changes...


Her upstairs was having a hard day yesterday. She went out and came back again so many times, each one more stompy and slammy and cross. Clearly she was looking for someone or something, or, I suspect, someone with something! Knowing how hard it can be when you are dependent on someone for something (whatever is is whether you get it or not!) I felt rather sorry for her.


Every time it seems as if someone lets you down, lets you go or lets you know you're not the first thing on their mind they are actually doing you a great service as you can learn to look after yourself a bit more.  By looking after yourself you are looking after them, and if they didn't feel like doing whatever it was they didn't do then it wouldn't have been done with love anyway would it?

We are all one, all on the same journey, but we may be travelling different by different routes and means. If you're in a sailboat and you're trying to share the way with someone on a horse you may be avoiding a lot of potential distresses if you can manage not to be too mutually dependent...

Anyway, I give thanks that I know this because whatever vehicle I'm using, it seems to be made for one...and yes I get fed up when I have to get out and push it but as long as you keep it light... Oh and that I dropped the mince pie before I vacuum the floor. There's probably less fluff on the carpet now too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics