Friday 10 February 2017

Ex box

Well, I don't know if you were grateful for the story, but trawling through the back end of my inbox yesterday morning I found some other things that I gave thanks for. There were some ancient photos in email attachments. Not quite as old as the one someone coincidentally sent me of themselves later but thirty years ago plus, in some cases plus rather a lot! This one was taken after leaving a party... Well, after scrambling out of a caravanette that turned upside down when trying to leave a party! Two shaken and bruised adults plus a totally unscathed small child went back into the host's house to decide what to do next, meeting someone who'd heard we were going a little while earlier and had been trying to find us to ask for a lift. 'I can't, I'm sorry, the van's upside down!' said the driver. 'Oh, I don't care if it's untidy' replied the would be passenger 'I just want to get home!' Still makes me chuckle...


I also give thanks for smiling over these suggestions I'd given another ex when he was depressed after splitting up with the girlfriend after the girlfriend after me (I think!) a few years ago. I don't know if they helped but I give thanks I tried and that he did get his mojo back after a while, and eventually even the girl, and they've lived happily ever after...so far!

1) Go for the longest toughest walk you possibly can manage and then a bit further still. You're a lot fitter than me so that might be a long way but a bike ride might work. The idea is to have a physical challenge to override the mental ones and to be outdoors to get outside your head.

2) Feast your eyes...you can do this in your armchair (then I gave some links to websites and videos I'd recently seen with stunning imagery)


3) Have a laugh in spite of yourself (more links to humour I thought he'd appreciate)


4) Shouldn't recommend this but when all else fails a roly and a Bailey's seem to help a bit too


So what about the here and nower? I give thanks for managing to share a few virtual words with a few folk in virtual society. It's hard as I'm very aware I have even less of any interest to say than usual so I give thanks for their tolerance! I give thanks a bonus of my blog is that people can check that I'm OK without having to put up with my wittering one to one. They don't even have to read it - they can just check it's there and go 'Phew! NFA required for now!'

I give thanks for some bits when the neighbours weren't too noisy and when the pain wasn't too bad. For dealing with essential communications - there's always something broken and it isn't always me! For getting essential chores done in town and managing to find a cab on the rank to bring me home as there are a few drivers now who won't risk their tyres on the rickety road and not only is this very inconvenient if you have a pile of shopping but adds to dismal feeling of being bottom of the heap.

I give thanks for finishing another puzzle. Once again I do understand the world can keep turning perfectly well without me doing this, but while I'm creating it I can forget about the pointlessness and believe someone sometime somewhere might find some pleasure there...

http://crossword.info/happiness_squared/EC3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics