Friday 17 February 2017

Finding a plot

Yay, I give thanks for finding something to watch on TV last night - a film on iplayer that was so entertaining I didn't even mind Tom Hanks being in it! The plot was quite preposterously far fetched but also true, and though it had some poignancy (as all true tales must do)  it made also me laugh - always a treasure in troubled times.

I give thanks for snatched snoozes in another pain pummelled night, and thus lots of strange brief dreams including leaving my shoes outside the Post Office as it was raining and I didn't want to bring the wet indoors - and then them being stolen.. ..and recognising someone in disguise by the way their hair curled at the nape of their neck.


I give thanks for one of those short spells of moving freely which came upon me after I emerged from having my bloods done, so that I could get a cuppa from the kiosk opposite and sit and enjoy the tea and the sea and feeling me, before I realised the me I could feel was feeling fearsomely chilly! For grabbing some essentials as the soreness grabbed me again, and a ride home with one of my favourite cabbies so I could laugh some more...

I give thanks for finishing opening my pretty birthday cards, finding some very thoughtful messages including a particularly touching one from my death row penfriend, plus three bars of well chosen chocolate from folks at home. For persuading my spring bulbs to nestle more tightly than they'd probably prefer into a vacant pot. Not a lot of people know this but I used to be good at growing things...apart from just broken and old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics