Monday 27 February 2017

Pressing matters

I give thanks for two nights in a row with lots of sleep. The spare bed is so comfy it usually does the trick but I'm not sure my back finds it such a good idea - ouch! I give thanks though there's stuff I need to go out and do, it didn't have to be today...And that though there's stuff that needed to be done indoors that didn't all have to be today either...

I give thanks for finishing the ironing - more ouch but I do like a bit of smooth on my bed! For wrestling the crisp clean covers on. For finishing cleaning the kitchen too, plus a quick spruce of the loo, so all the bits that Rachel will have anything to do with are acceptably attended to.

I give thanks for idle browsing on the internet showing me men putting on hi tech jetsuits and flying in formation with planes
http://twistedsifter.com/2016/11/jetman-dubai-fly-with-french-acrobatic-patrol/

and men putting on decorative costumes and make-up they may have traveled hundreds of miles for the materials to make, to dance in hopes of being chosen by the women.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-39070587

There are so many ways to live on this little planet...so many ways to be a human being. And so much of what we perceive of as correct behaviour is so arbitrary it's no wonder sometimes we forget what really being and behaving well is about!

I give thanks for looking out on the lovely day, wishing to be out there and resisting. For the sudden passing darkness of clouds and squalls and not minding missing those bits that much at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics