Sunday 5 February 2017

The gift of the gab

I give thanks for my delicious supper left over from the day before's supper - like yesterday's lunch was left over from the day before's lunch! For clean sheets and the comfort of a freshly supportive piece of mattress, the light left on low for the illusion of companionship, the window open a smidge for the illusion of freedom. Was the pain worth the gain? Last night I thought so, that's for sure. Today alas I've not been very...

I give thanks for meeting a lot of people I used to know in dreams...I couldn't remember most of their names but then I knew them a very long time ago!

I give thanks for the neighbours being peaceful in the morning and deciding to do some quiet still asanas when I finally stirred...in the meantime downloading an app that goes with a recommended book called Serenity Yin Yoga. After two aborted attempts and only one refund I gave thanks for passing this test of my serenity!

I give thanks for finishing the tricksy jigsaw, well apart from the missing piece that is! It's always a little frustrating when the end is like that but as this one had been so glaringly obviously missing for so long it wasn't unexpected...

I give thanks for finishing opening those packages from the other day, most of which contained my birthday presents from me! Like Christmas, it's often a time of less joy rather than more, so it's important to try and plan ahead to alleviate what distress I can. Most of what I'd really appreciate money can't buy, or not mine anyhow...but for everything else there's PayPal, and I give thanks for diverting a little spare cash to acquire a new (very different and presumably complete) jigsaw, a long hoodie to keep some of the drafts out and some favourite bath products including one that I bought a couple of years ago and was most disappointed to discover was a 'special edition'. It appears to be one again though, and on three for two offer so I now have almost enough to fill a bath undiluted, which would be very silly of course! I give thanks for a little bottle of my favourite perfume too...that can be my Valentine's gift I think, don't you? All I need now is a good book and a TV dinner for one and I'll be all prepared to face the gathering gloom as best I can...

As there was not a lot I could do to please myself today, I give thanks for deciding to finish a cryptic crossword I started compiling a while ago...with a view to pleasing other people instead perhaps. I looked at some of the completed clues utterly mystified at first as to how they made the solutions! I give thanks for the feeling of 'Hey, that's clever!' when I worked them out again. It's good to feel you're good for something...even something pretty useless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics