Thursday 23 February 2017

That's better!

I give thanks for soft Lush bathwater soothing my body and smoothing my skin. For losing my landlocked troubles in the last few hudred miles of the round the world voyage. I've enjoyed a few sailing books which might seem strange as I don't, but they always have lots of wind and weather and sea and sky in them and that's always fine by me. And there's something about the narrowing of focus that brings to the writer an awareness of detail in what they see and feel which I find most absorbing.

I give thanks for short sleeps in a long night of pain. For a kindly dream of nothing hurting in any way at all. It was Christmas and my sister had brought a series of specially shaped and decorated cakes she'd made for us to eat on different days. The 'us' was unspecified but there was definitely a sense that they'd be shared. I give thanks for sending some metta to my siblings where ever they may be. I hope they were happier after I was gone, though it seems to me now I've seen more of life that blame and censure are produced by the person feeling them not the behaviour or attributes of the person they feel it towards. And folk do kind of enjoy thinking they're better than others don't they? Well, there's certainly a lot of ways in which a lot of people might think they're better than me so I give thanks I'm probably still providing lots of satisfaction!


I give thanks for the howl and whistle of the wind today, watching it whip up the little wavetops. I wanted so much to feel it buffet my body and tug at my hair but I give thanks I don't have to shimmy up any masts to deal with sheets and sails...

I give thanks to Ann for very thoughtfully offering to send me a couple of novels by an author she likes. I wouldn't say I'd read anything at the moment, but I'd give almost anything a try whilst there's so few other favourite wastes of time a possibility.

Cue music (and some nice pictures of sunsets, seas and trees)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4u2pSQulDE

I give thanks for everyone who read the title of my post and had a moment of thinking there'd been something seeming better for me! I wish...oh, how I wish...I wish in a way I wish you never will know! I give thanks Mima is taking me for my MRI tomorrow. Plan A for an outing this week had been to go for a swim in a pool not far from here that's indoors but with lots of glass in the roof and walls so there's a fresh air sort of air about it. Oh the best laid plans of mice and men and women eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics