Tuesday 14 February 2017

Loved...and lost!

I loved finding ways to stay up into the early hours so that I would sleep late this morning and thus lose a goodly chunk of a challenging day.  In fact I was so pleased with myself regarding this plan I lay awake even longer after I put the light out through sheer anticipation and excitement. But alas it didn't work and I was awake way too early. I give thanks for believing in my plan anyhow...

I give thanks for the folk who found a few moments to send me greetings. That I had a card to open with a little regifted gift inside from Mima. And though I've not had much of an appetite I give thanks for lots of tea and sympathy (from me!)... plus a lingering warming hug from the bathwater...

I've been in quite an astonishing amount of pain and just the most basic functions of sustaining life have used up almost all my wonderfulness today...so I give thanks that eventually I got dressed in pretty clothes and perfume as if it actually mattered.

I give thanks for the unconditional love I have for myself even though I've lost so much wonderfulness what's left hardly shows at all... and for my unconditional love for those who thus fail to spot it! After all, to paraphrase Terry Pratchett, people are not fundamentally being good or bad but fundamentally being people... I give thanks for a moving documentary about him reminding me of his wit and wisdom, and for the neighbours being mostly quiet enough to enjoy it!

I give thanks for the warm glow of lights coming on in other people's houses as misty darkness falls. For having my puzzles to puzzle over intead of life's questions that don't have clues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics