Friday 24 February 2017

TGI MRIday

I give thanks for making some tasty feta pastries for my tea, full of munchie business like peppers and olives and basil. For serving those over sugared flapjacks with some tart berries and cream - very nice indeed! Do to yourself as you would have others do to you is a fine motto for those who can't offer much that others would like, and are kinda short on having good things done as well...

I give thanks for trying my best to get to sleep with meditative practices, paracetamol and arrangement and rearrangement of limbs but neither my body nor my mind were having any of it so I also give thanks for a good book to read until early morning. And for not having to get up especially early for today's appointment, though another couple of hours in bed would have been very welcome.

I give thanks for a glorious day for a drive out, and for someone to drive me! For seeing snowdrops at last! For being so brightly and politely unimpressed at being told the scans were scheduled with a half hour wait before your alloted slot (and to expect another forty mins to process the procedure) that they popped me into a no show gap and I was called to the unit before I'd even sat in a chair! For the good humour and kindliness of the chaps who did the deed...and of Mima who was called back to collect me before she'd even settled down to shop!

I give thanks for thinking of a scenic nearby spot for lunch with a very convenient parking space, a free table for two and super quick service. For lots of laughter and cake to take home...for a cup of tea and more of the same!

I give thanks for being curled up under the covers now having a much needed rest of sore bits before more sociability unexpectedly planned for tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics