Wednesday 22 February 2017

Flopping 'eck

I give thanks for my busy mind and buzzy body...if only my body could be busy too! There's only so much twiddling of fingers round knitting wool and turning over a new leaf a person can do before they mind very much indeed! I give thanks for the pain being bad and good yesterday evening, as in too bad to do anything but the essential assembly and demolishment of food, which is good because I couldn't attempt anything I couldn't do if you see what I mean...

It kept me awake well into the early morning so I give thanks for finding a gripping French drama on All4 so I could lose my discomfort with the discomfort a little in that. I give thanks for all the times I think I just can't stand it any longer, because every time somehow I do...

Today I give thanks for feeling well again and full of get up and go, even if going more than a few paces at a time has been profoundly unwise as indeed was getting up more than a few times too. For lots of leftovers so not too much groaning over a chopping board and hot stove...

I give thanks the French thing is a 6 parter...so more distraction from dissatisfaction. For being able to succumb to one of the afternoon's infuriatingly persistent desires and eat flapjacks...by getting up and making some! They're something I've never made well and haven't attempted for years so didn't hold out much hope for these but they're quick and cheap, and I reckoned it wouldn't be too much waste of effort or ingredients if they turned out flopjacks instead.  I was missing a tin to cook them in, but vaguely adapted a recipe I found on line to fit something I had, and though too sweet for my taste they turned out an excellent texture so will have to try again soon while I remember what I did wrong and do it better next time! I give thanks sometimes a spoonful of sugar makes up for no medicine a bit anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics