Saturday 25 February 2017

The Real Meal Deal

Well, who would've thought it? After one of the best days I've had for a long time I had one of the best nights to follow! My guardian angel's had a lot of leeway in recent months and about time she turned up for a double shift in lieu!

I give thanks Colin was joking when he said he'd booked a table for dinner. I mean don't get me wrong, there would have been nothing wrong if he'd not been, but I had a yen for informal fish and chips and a pot of tea, so it was nice to be able to have just that. I give thanks though I was sure he was joking when he said he'd brought me flowers actually he wasn't and I've three vases full of daffodils opening in that cheery way they have. I was most touched!

I give thanks for enjoying an alcoholic beverage in a pub. All that practice with sherry trifle paid off and I managed a whole glass of Bailey's with the greatest of ease and no untoward effects! The last time I finished what anyone else would call a drink it was last March in Inverness, before that I can't remember! Oh and I give thanks we had a quiet seat on a sofa by a fire. It was a mild night and not necessary for warmth but very pleasant for social cosiness...

I give thanks for the pain being manageable, and with an arm to hang onto managing to walk around between venues and the car, even when we had to park on the next street when we came home. I give thanks though various neighbours were very audible before I left, they were later either out, out for the count, or stunned into silence by how much sound actually carries between the dwellings... Well if I helped to increase their knowledge in these matters I give thanks for that as well!


I give thanks for the grey weather here after being out to appreciate the sunniness yesterday. For appreciating a dozy rather inactive afternoon, and that due to one thing and another (including a Finest Meal Deal from Tescos) the most cooking I've done for almost 48 hrs is boiling an egg and toasting a few slices of bread. I split a slice of prosecco and raspberry cheesecake between second breakfast and afternoon tea and had mushroom, leek and brie filo pie for lunch. Might go mad and cook dahl for tea tho! I've started and that usually means I'll finish...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics