Sunday 26 February 2017

Little dahlings

I give thanks for my adventures with dahl which, apart from red lentils, garlic and onions has no set ingredients the way I make it just whatever comes to hand or mind at the time. This time I had not only fresh garlic, ginger and turmeric root but, for the first time in a life of longing for one, a stone pestle and mortar, so there were crunchy ground cardamom seeds as well. I give thanks thanks for a special offer at Argos and a very tasty tea!

My sciatic nerve being in a right strop I give thanks for an early night to bed on the sofa starting to catch up with bits of good stuff on TV...until I started catching up on sleep instead.

My pain levels still being unwieldy this morning I give thanks for doing my best to enjoy a long lie in with basil tofu on toast (don't knock it til you've tried it!) Life would be much easier if my back could make it clearer what it likes and what it doesn't at the time but I give thanks for it reminding me of those petulant types (we've all known at least one!) who secretly store up dissatisfaction to hurl at bewildered transgressors in accusations of 'You're always doing this!' or 'You never do that!' when tempers are lost. If I could be warned by at least a sharp intake of breath when I undertake some unwise manoeuvre I could at least consider not doing it, depending on what it is of course...

I give thanks for a feeling of wellness and wellbeing all the same, and bustling about with chores in short shifts between lounging in the lounge for TV and reading and more contented little naps while the weather was inclement outdoors...

I give thanks for Mima lending me some books. I'm near the end of a very well chosen hardback bought for me, but it's hard to hold sometimes and she lent me a very small paperback which is light relief in more ways than one, almost as if Uncle Oswald had been written by teenage girls in the very early sixties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics