Monday 20 February 2017

Wind up merchant

Mmm...I give thanks for a cracking crumple last night with toffee tasting light muscavado, toasted almonds and cream. I give thanks I can make puddings any time and any way I want and call them whatever I choose!

I give thanks for a courier following instructions, and with good humour too. For tales of woe from a dialysis hating neighbour increasing my determination to get my back fixed and learn to run fast again - another thing not a lot of people know I used to be able to do.

Struggling to think of something to do with my pent up energy this afternoon I give thanks for starting on the untangling and winding of a big bag of odds and ends of yarn. It's not really an outlet for my frustrations but in its own way it is rather satisfying and makes me feel a little bit nearer getting ready to move. It also does work the arms a bit so not all of me is falling into disuse...

I give thanks for trying and retrying to get that crossword software to do something it says it does on the none-too-cheap tin (with a few cross words in the process!)...before trying and retrying to get a useful response from support without my messages coming back 'undeliverable' Why do I give thanks for this? Well it demonstrated my perseverance and enduring faith that not everything always is pointless... need to be reminded of that a lot just now.

No treatment ot treat of my tea cooked tonight so I give thanks for a can of Cullen Skink seasoned with tears of accumulated exasperation, some toast to gnash my teeth on. I'm grateful I know this too will pass...one day I'll be a tree and the wind will bend me or it will break me and I'll have nothing to say either way. In the meantime I give thanks I'll probably soothe my body in a bath and numb my brain with some TV and eventually it will be another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics