Sunday 12 February 2017

Legs up the wall

I give thanks for Mima motivating me to get out of my dressing gown, into some hot water and cosy clothing as she'd offered to pick me up some odds and ends from Waitrose. This was most timely as I had been wondering if I would be likely to get there between now and Tuesday afternoon so I could have a Higgidy pie for my birthday tea. I give thanks for her company, conversation and some cake! Oh and a card to save to open...not sure I'll get to the Post Office either but it's often a bit disappointing if I do so this might turn out to be something to be grateful for actually.

I give thanks that after stating my intention to do some yoga and shiatsu when she'd gone I actually did! There are some poses and positions that are not too uncomfortable...and one, which Rachel has been urging me to try for a while, which after the trickiness of trying to get into it is very comfortable indeed when you do. She is unable to come and treat me tomorrow so I give thanks for trying to treat myself as best I can.

I give thanks for keeping a little bit warm, a little bit fed, a little bit on top of the chores. For a stunning photo on Facebook of shafts of sunlight on the wintry sea. For doing some work on some puzzles. For life's literal and metaphorical painfulness not driving me too much up the wall today...or only my legs so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics