Wednesday 15 February 2017

Don't get mad, get even

I give thanks for moving a bit less miserably last night, being able to do some chopping for tea and make something else for today as well before going back to my best bad John Wayne walking impression. If there's one good thing about the restrictions of my current condition, it's that I can get quite excited about something like making a plate of food. Well, to be honest maybe 'good' and excited' are slight exaggerations there...

I give thanks for coming up with a master plan for the rest of evening which was to watch Hot Fuzz with headphones on in honour of the comic genius of we Valentine's children. I'd recorded it a couple of months ago and having seen it before knew it would be a reliably amusing distraction..so I also gave thanks I was only a few minutes in when it dawned on me to check that my TV box (which can be a bit deceptive) had captured both halves of the broadcast. It hadn't, so I was grateful to discover it's on again at the weekend and I can try again.

Of course I was a bit cross too...don't let my 'Yeah, whatever, la la' demeanour fool you into thinking I don't feel frustration when what seem like really reasonable requests and expectations of the Universe are not met. I was born ginger and the vestiges of my redheaded temper are still discernible like the glint in my hair in certain light. But that's the thing about the Universe you see...it really doesn't give one!

I give thanks for smashing tree ornaments in an animated game. The sound was off on my laptop when I turned it on today so that had to be sorted asap - there are times when the sound of breaking glass really is quite desirable!

I give thanks for listening to Imee Ooi's Great Compassion Mantra - kind of a eastern version of the Terry Pratchett people just being people philosophy I guess. I soothes me when I would stamp my foot and go off in a huff at life...if stamping my foot and/or going anywhere were an option! I find it produces a tremendous tenderness at the transience of all human endeavour, which in me results in copious tears, but that's probable due to the level of intensity with which I feel some emotions (other than anger) rather than any inherent fault in the music itself, so don't let it put you off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GICB7Jo0xWI&spfreload=1


I give thanks for the sun on my face...when I opened the window to take a photo of a ship coming in! I give thanks I still get a kick out of seeing a ship come in...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics