Saturday 4 February 2017

One hundred and eighty!

I give thanks for the bright sunshine for the first part of the day, and for the thought of people out enjoying it. I give thanks for the rugby on TV and for the thought of people enjoying that! For myself? Well, if I say a day when I'm grateful I've chosen to be grateful you'll maybe get the drift...

I give thanks for sleeping well, and waking up comfortable in body and spirit. It was when I started moving around the trouble started...

I give thanks for making myself pancakes for breakfast perched on a stool squawking and groaning in pain...and that there was no one to see me weeping into the batter from frustration to be back to this. For the thought of how much I've enjoyed those glimpses of physical freedom recently, and almost wishing I hadn't had them as I'd almost begun to forget what I was missing, if you see what I mean...  And then for remembering all things change, whether imperceptibly or suddenly, whether you liked them better before they did or after.

I give thanks eventually they did today as well, and though I didn't do a heck of a lot else nor do this all in one go, I was able not only to change the bedding and get a load of laundry done, but to turn my mattress 180°! This is no mean feat even for a strong and healthy person, as I know from watching one struggle with it once...

Having to spend most of the time in between lying on my side (and not being a rugby fan!) occupational options have been somewhat limited. I give thanks for seeing some of a home makeover programme and being reminded how grateful I am I don't have to have someone else choose the way my home looks - even indirectly by feeling the need to follow 'design trends' or be 'aspirational' in lifestyle. It is lovely to see people so loved and cherished someone wants to give them a wonderful treat though, and that they seem to appreciate what they get.  I give thanks for thinking of the enjoyment of both the giver and the receiver.

This time of year I'm often struck down by a desperate case of wanderlust, and my longing to be at least outside and moving around has been acute and intense and difficult to deal with today. I give thanks for trying not to be cross with myself for being sad, it would be sadder still if I stopped caring maybe...and for trying to focus on the present moments and find the gifts within. I give thanks for these stunning examples of photography from around the world...which kind of helped, but kind of didn't!  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-38829413

And also, when sorting through some images of my own, coming across this from a day not so long ago when I wanted to take pictures but couldn't get out of bed. It seems to illustrate today's post in several different ways...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics