Thursday 16 February 2017

Bright intervals

I give thanks Rachel came to eat some food with me including cake she'd hidden in her bag along with candles and a lighter! For her sticking some acupuncture needles in appropriate places and doing the washing up and drying up while they did their thing. For her understanding of my quest to find some spiritual sense in a world that sometimes seems to make no other...

I give thanks for those times when communication is unconscious and not even virtually verbal, so that she had a book with her that I could borrow even though she didn't know I needed one and I had gluten free crumpets to send to Daryl who'd been tempted by the normal sort when he really shouldn't.

My body was still hurting too much to get a lot of sleep last night but I give thanks for not too much hurtfulness from my mind. The regrets, the things you wish you could forget, the things you can't let go...They can lurk in the shadows can't they? I give thanks for the brightness of the moon...

I give thanks for the bright sunny start to the day as well, and listening the little birds singing. For discovering through research for a library crossword that Hannah Kent has a new novel out. Her Burial Rites still lingers...

I give thanks for Mima taking me out for the free half of a special offer cream tea, a trip to the recycling bins and the Post Office to pick up some birthday cards and gifts, and to take advantage of some retail opportunities too (what goes out must come in beforehand!). I give thanks for her gift of some flowering bulbs to brighten up the place and bring the outside in. But the greatest gift of all was being almost outside and able to see the countryside as we drove along and the glorious cloud patterned sky!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics