Sunday 1 January 2012

For Von

Well it's been 48 hrs now so hopefully the antibiotics should be starting to kick in. I give thanks for my sterling immune system which normally protects me from normal bugs but the ones that munch away at my kidney do lay me low. I do know they're not munching by the way...it just feels as if they are! I think I might be up to a few rows of knitting this evening...it's a scarf so they're only short rows though I did knit one lengthways once!

I'm not used to doing so much nothing but it's what you need now and then. There was someone on Cancerchat the other day saying how futile it was to build up the immune system to fight cancer and she may be right but personally I think it helps when you're fighting with the symptoms and side effects...and the treatments...and their side effects...and just to stay ALIVE rather than merely waiting to die!

Due to hospital and holidays I've missed a couple of acupunctures lately and I do (delude myself?) I feel a difference there too. When I first saw Rachel I explained that I had been told that I was terminally ill and so I didn't expect a miracle cure (tho I didn't mind if I got one!) but that I wanted to feel as good as I possibly could for as long as I could. It may indeed be coincidental that I've been doing so relatively well but sorry, sceptics, I'm not going to stop the things I've been doing just in case they really are helping and I prove you wrong!

I give thanks for doing and adding to the mountain of washing up as planned! For my kitchen gadgets for their helping non hands. For discovering how an oven can revive stale shop bought mince pies. For my comfy, pretty home and all this idleness to enjoy it...for some great things on TV to encourage me to rest and recuperate. Special mention to Earthflight and the new Weighwatchers ad which begins 'No actors were used in this advert'. You have to watch it to the end to realise it's Weighwatchers and I'm not fat and it appealed to me so go chubbies go! Also for a new series of Got to Dance starting. I love this programme... heartwarming and awe inspiring and funny, at least in the early rounds! And for those of us who used to enjoy twinkling our toes it makes them twitch them a little. On that note I'd like to dedicate this post to 'Hothead' Von and her wonderful idea of Dance for Life. I always think of her when I'm dancing inside even if there's imperceptible movement to the untrained eye...

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely agree on the Mince Pies....I brought some vanilla icecream from sainsburys (apparently with real madagascan vanilla) - I like to break open the pies and have a couple of scoops of icecream on top....pure heaven! Love the 'Dancing Inside' concept...maybe I will give that a go!

    Much Love dear friend

    Tony xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics