Wednesday 18 January 2012

Topping

OK...hands up who thought tangible rewards meant things I could carry home? I did, I admit it... And true I got some things I was looking for in the sewing shop including green Velcro (deep joy!) and did my bit to kickstart the British economy in Lush. My shopping list there sounded almost like some cryptic message as it read...Sacred Truth, Full of Grace, R & B, Jungle.

I also had delicious coffee and baklava at a Lebanese restaurant which kind of came home with me and I'm grateful for the physical and financial wherewithal for all of the above...but I was also blessed with a double decker bus to travel on and a really thoughtful driver who waited for me to get up the stairs before driving off. And the things I saw from my vantage point...such treats! I saw a little apple tree with its crop fallen in a circle around it and a little dog sunning itself sprawled along the high back of a sofa in a conservatory. I saw a clump of snowdrops in bloom in one field, one of daffodils in another and gaggles of different sorts of geese in two more. I saw flocks of other birds I'd have to look up to name, and one of ewes with numerous youngs lambs that seemed to be dancing in time with the song I was listening to. I love the way they jump with all four feet off the ground! I was so grateful for all these things I'm grinning just remembering. I gave thanks that I neither had a car of my own nor anyone else to drive me...now there's something you don't hear every day! But only on the top of a double decker bus can you see properly over the hedges...

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am off to say goodbye to a dear friend one last time, in public anyway, today. Your post this morning was a joy to read beforehand. Love to you Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Angel,
    Your bus trip reminded me of my childhood, every Saturday all the kids in our street would get the double decker bus to the swimming baths, we would all be upstairs at the front, standing up, when the bus went over the railway tracks any one who fell over would be 'out', all the regulars got used to us and even the bus driver found it amusing. you don't get that kind of 'fun' anymore,
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics