Monday 2 January 2012

Truly, madly, weakly

Whooff! I would like to express great gratitude for my supportive sofa and snuggly throw, for cooking today's tea yesterday and for hours of recorded TV to doze in front of... I'm grateful the mostly pleasant weather held out for a walk round a hilly nearby park - once the gardens of a local mansion that's kind of post apocalyptic Eden Project now. It was surprisingly full, as were the roads, car parks, the sea wall walk and its cafe... but I guess that's what you get for having sunshine on a Bank Holiday in a cool place. Mostly I managed to create space around me just by being my normal self! No, not breaking wind and having conversations with invisible friends but walking round with a big happy grin at the sights around, occasionally topped up with a chuckle of delight or an 'Oh wow!' if it got extra good...like an evergreen tree swaying and sighing in the breeze, the rainbow over the sea and the enormous ship on the horizon. Madelle indeed!

This evening I'm feeling rather rubbish, nothing that seems particularly related to walking round the park before people start muttering darkly about 'overdoing' it. Yes I'm a bit physically tired but that's half the point of going for a walk isn't it? Well it is to me anyway! And anyway, even if I've pushed myself further than my body now wishes it had gone, my motto regarding exercise since my illness is 'I'd rather die doing something than lying about on the sofa wishing I could'. Right now I'm happy with the sofa and mere memories of activity though! Great thanks for Stephen Fry and other opinionated bods discussing and demonstrating the 'top 100 gadgets' of all time....hours of fun (literally) including nostalgic footage and vintage ads. Lovely jubbly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics