Sunday 8 January 2012

Still life

Energy levels are funny things aren't they? You can feel like a two toed sloth with a hangover sometimes but push yourself a bit and start behaving more like a squirrel with three Weetabix inside them (more like, take note, not just like!). That was me Friday when I went out...probably why the real squirrel came up to say hello...Then sometimes you are more like a flying fox and just glide...that was me yesterday dealing with all manner of mental and physical chores and having fun whilst about it...and today well I'm more like a very old tortoise that you have to check closely for signs of life and would tip over rather than speed up if you gave it a shove so the trick is just to accept this and go with the very slow flow. But I'm a very content tortoise...Hey it's the first proper Sunday we've had for a while...it would be foolish not to take full advantage of the 'day of rest' feeling and I'm delighted I've been doing so!

I'm grateful I got my pajamas so wet when I was washing my hair and I had to put proper clothes on eventually and I'm grateful I wanted spinach and filo pie so much I actually made some with cherry tomatoes and pine nuts in too. Yum yum! I'm grateful for lots of mindless TV and for the far from mindless Sherlock. I'm loving this modern take, totally gripping and funny too! I'm grateful also for the sight of a curiously coloured sea earlier. Or rather not colored, just shades of grey with no hint of blue or green or purple or brown which is most unusual and for the almost supernatural stillness. Well it seemed so after all the winds of the last few days, and matched those energy levels perfectly!

1 comment:

  1. Yes isn't Sherlock just great...Fran and our 16 year old daughter absolutely love it...you know what i need to do a bit more and push myself a little harder then i too can have that sunday day of rest feeling :@)

    I am so pleased that you got to have some Spinach and Cheese in Filo Pastry...sounds lovely...keep on enjoying the personal space!

    T xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics