Saturday 14 January 2012

Teign spirit

It's the name of a local boat...I can't take credit for the title apart from remembering to pass it on!


I can only take credit for leaning out of a high up window on a windy day to capture the sun's rays illuminating the estuary. You can only see the water when the trees are bare and the light is right... and it was...




I give thanks for living somewhere where they give boats cool names and where, if no one is drinking too much, it's mostly very peaceful and pretty! And for the sound of the sea roar in the background behind the quietness.

As my inner chef is still absent I give thanks that gave my inner slob free reign and rustled up a 'healthy' fry up of oven chips, egg, beans, and veggie sausage with bread and butter to make a butties and a mug of tea on the side. And I actually got the egg just right (without a greasy spoon!) which is unusual. Much gratitude especially for that!

I would like to express gratitude also for the cheerful sight and delicate fragrance of the locally grown daffodils I bought the other day. And the golden light of the sun just before it set making the bare tree branches and mimosa blossoms glow. And for some clouds earlier that looked just like the ones in the Simpsons. It crossed my mind maybe some readers wouldn't know what they looked like and did a search for 'Simpsons clouds' to see if that might help them. Pages of reference and pictures...you could write a dissertation, ha ha! Oooh and for remembering I have some almond Magnums in the freezer...

1 comment:

  1. Angel, I had a bit of a slob day Friday and Saturday! Given 6 free range bantams eggs so had poached eggs on toast, black pepper liberally scattered over, Sat was one of your favourites, fish fingers & oven chips. Today will be Bacon, eggs and grilled tomatoes, but not until I have cleaned the big window in the lounge inside and out, with cat spit on the inside (NO! hot washing up water and a window squeegee) and general grubbiness on the out, when the sun shines its embarrassing! Went through the car wash yesterday, cleaning windows, sort of asking for trouble from the weather. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics