Tuesday 3 January 2012

Cheers!

I'm grateful this afternoon that the nurse has been and after a fairly busy day so far I can chill for a while with TV and a cup of tea. Oh and chocolates...don't forget the Christmas chocolates and other goodies I'm still valiantly ploughing through. (Such dedication! Such persistence! Yeah right!) Seriously though simple pleasures eh? How easy it is to take them for granted and forget they're not really all that simple at all. Tea bags and mugs and kettles and water and milk and the wherewithal to get them. Washing machines and soap powder and sewing machines and thread. I give thanks for all the comforts and treats and labour saving thises and thats that sweeten and smooth my days.

I'm also grateful the storm has swept through and created dramas but no crises. For me the drama was that my bedroom window I'd opened a crack to hear the storm better blew right open and sucked the air out of the room so hard the folding bedroom door partly folded up and on the other side of the hall the normal style living room door slammed shut. This would have been no big deal if the handle on the hall side actually turned the spindle but for some reason it doesn't so I had a bit of a struggle to push it open especially quietly at 4.30 am... I was racking my brains to think of who I could ask to come to my rescue if I didn't succeed but I couldn't think of anyone so just pushed harder and did. Everyone I know should give thanks at this point that they didn't get plaintive messages, I reckon!

I'm grateful too for Amy's Christmas present - a gift basket I only just opened to really look in properly. It has a selection of tea bags and other hot drink sachets, oat cookies and dark chocolate and a pretty little tea pot and mug...all my favourite kinds of things and all in a very useful basket too! I haven't seen Amy for almost a year but she clearly remembers me well, bless her! I also give thanks for Trevor the nurse saying he likes coming here as I always cheer him up. What a nice thing to say! What a nice thing to do! I suspect he comes across some rather gloomy and grumbly characters in his working days - both patients AND colleagues, poor things.

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year Angel
    You mentioned in an earlier post that you and Bob wondered where your readers were from and how they found you.Well,I'm from Liverpool and found you on the CRUK site.I also read Caroles and Tonysongs blog.
    Keep on typing
    Regards
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics