Tuesday 24 January 2012

Bing

You know about doing things in your head don't you? You know that if you imagine situations or activities your body responds, to some extent, as if they were real? This isn't fluffy pink candle and crystal stuff, it's over there in real science as 'someone' might say. Whether you think it's useful in healing or happiness is entirely up to you but it's used in areas such sport performance enhancement and stroke rehabilitation so not the exclusive preserve of woolly headed old hippies by any means.

Anyway, this morning I mentally did the shiatsu and yoga exercises I used to physically perform pretty much every day when I was able and it felt great! I give thanks for memory and imagination to recreate these things...

I'm on a two week 'getting up earlier' programme to get ready for my little trip away. Even though they've said we can come to some arrangement over late breakfast I want to be able to enjoy as much of the days as possible. I've booked a big room with a bay window (bay both in shape and outlook) so even if I mostly only feel up to gazing out of it I will have a 'change of scene'. I'd given up staying away from home because I was finding it such an effort so it's a leap of faith trying again but only in the next county so not a huge leap! I'm grateful anyway for having the spirit to try...

Today I also give thanks for the greyness of the weather which makes idleness easier...for cleaning the bathroom which now goes 'bing' with brightness...and for reclaiming sight of my kitchen table top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics