Sunday 29 January 2012

Decorative

So many of us decorating at the moment...even if in many cases it's an intermittent and ongoing project. Pat your bathroom sounds lovely! Is your friend painting pictures or actually on the wall?

I've been meaning to do some more 'starting' in my bedroom but I can either do something outdoors or do something indoors not both on the same day...and often need a rest day or two in between as well. I'm so glad I discovered I can get the British Eurosport channel and can call my rest this week 'watching tennis' and get out of bed in the morning to do it! That's something even well people do isn't it? This morning I would still be under the duvet if not for the Australian Open Final. I couldn't make it to the sofa in time for the start but the match was only properly waking up when I was it seems...much gratitude for that! I give thanks too for chamomile and spearmint tea and oatcakes...ideal refreshment when the nausea is bad as the first can brew in the mug beside you and the second eaten straight from the packet. Pretty handy when fatigued or watching live sport too!

I give thanks for a hazy still day here to match my demeanour...and for rain in Melbourne which delayed play at a crucial point but which gave us all the entertaining sight of rows of ball boys and girls on their hands and knees working their way towards the net as the roof slid closed mopping the court dry with towels. Who would have thought that was how it was done, eh? Wouldn't it be nice if someone would do that upstairs before my not long decorated kitchen is spoiled? It was drying out nicely but has started seeping through again.

I just re read my post yesterday and was amused to see I mentioned I wanted to get out of sight of here because after meeting the car accident lady with the walking stick I decided to potter further along the coast path. It's a major tourist and retirement zone all along this stretch so there are numerous seats with not too far in between and you can take things in easy stages. There was one up ahead I was determined to get to before turning back and when I got there and got my binoculars out I was far enough along the headland to see this terrace!



I took a few pics but I like this one the best of the blossom blossoming on bare twigs in front of the evergreens with sea blue in the distance behind. It's a little fuzzy (camera shake? wind?) but I love the depth...

2 comments:

  1. To answer your question Angel, straight on the wall! All started with a couple of ceramic figures wearing old fashioned swim wear bought for 50P each; surprizing what a load of tester pots will do. Will take a picture in daylight with my phone and send it straight to yours, not easy with the camera to get things where I want them once they are on the pc. Have not painted any skirting, but did finish the shelf and touch up the wall where the rubbing down didn't help the wall much. Second coat just along the shelf to wall join. No Angel its fixed, covers the cavity left for all the plumbing, just hope I don't ever have the alkathene pipes leak! Must go watch 'The Ghost' (I like to watch Pierce Brosnan) and stir the rice pudding on the way past the kitchen. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel have tried with the phone and the camera, whether I can get a picture here remains to be seen or not! as the case maybe. Well my girl, the weather is due to change dramatically so I hope and pray that your trip to the scanner's on Wednesday turns out to be a warm and comfortable experience. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics