Friday 20 January 2012

Small chilly ginger

Thanks for your comments and bravery awards... I want to print the badges and wear them but have yet to get out of bed after a couple of strenuous days. Shall we assume we're all real because we're not pretending to be tall hot blondes or vigorous young marines? I'm not entirely convinced that people don't pretend to have illnesses on the internet...or even to excuse themselves for pretending on the internet! Although, thank goodness, a less tragic tale than some, I still think Catfish is the most disturbing.

I give thanks that my various nightmares last night weren't real. For scarlet macaws on Earthflight. Such colourful, strong and intelligent birds...I absolutely love them! And spider monkeys...don't they look like big black furry five legged spiders when they are running around? Amazing too! I was once saw a flock of green parrots flying along a jungle stream on the Kokoda trail in Papua New Guinea and I give thanks for that astonishing, breathtaking glimpse and the astonishing, breathtaking glimpse backwards to another sort of me so unlike this one it's like another incarnation. And I'm not pretending either, ha ha! Like Pat I give thanks for me! I give thanks to Pat for thanking me too! There's a thread on Cancerchat about nominating special folks and I sometimes I think I should nominate myself for all I do for me but that would be a little odd even for me. I give thanks that the master plan is working though...every little helps eh?

3 comments:

  1. Of course you should be nominated, you have helped me a lot from such a long distance. Cancerchat and the blogs I follow have helped me more than most other things in two long years. Love to you, Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem! I'M a tall hot blonde actually (sniggers)..I need to catch that programme because I missed it the other night, was busy being ill and it sounded interesting...was it?

    I'm also not convinced that people don't pretend about illness (and other things) on the net Angel..I think as bloggers who get to 'know' each other, we can pick out the shady ones just from instinct alone. However, I do get how people can be easily taken in.

    You don't need to nominate yourself Angel - we already know you're special. That's why we're here :)
    Hugs and love always xxXXxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check with Tony about that...unless you're both pretend! We believe what we want to believe but sometimes people feed us what we're hungry for I guess. Yes, good prog but dark and adult content. Catfish on tomorrow too...that's lighter but weirder somehow too. Meant to nominate myself for being wonderful to ME not fishing for compliments...but hey it's good when they land in your lap. Have a good weekend Carole...

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics